Internal Audit Director Build internal audit function, international travel
Our client is an international result driven real estate organisation. It's headquarters are based in the Netherlands.
Our client is a result driven company, and the Internal Audit Director is also expected to add value by optimizing internal processes and highlighting material risk areas. More specifically, in this vital, and independent role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Establish Internal Audit in the company, as a “3rd line of defence” in risk methodology terms.
- Advise on the need for new operational procedures and policies, where missing
- Plan, lead, and preform the internal audits, including interviewing key personnel
- Identifying risks, gaps, and process improvements
- Test the operating effectiveness of key financial controls and review of financial statement balances
- Conduct operational audit procedures to identify areas of improvement or best practices.
- Prepare audit documentation to support audit conclusions and write audit report
- Communicate and follow up with key personnel on all findings and work with them on remediation efforts
- Assess the impact of business process changes on the control environment; identify and address new risk areas
- Evaluate compliance with existing corporate policies
- Stay abreast of changes to audit standards, governmental laws, and regulatory compliance requirements
- Assist external auditors with year-end audit procedures
- Ensure that Management and the audited party are kept up to date with potential audit findings
- Provide insightful results through audit reporting process, challenging the status quo and driving value-added recommendations
- Build a good rapport and solid business relationships with Management
Our client is looking for an Internal Auditor Director with solid experience in internal auditing. We expect the right candidate to have critical and analytical thinking, problem-solving skills, strong relationship-building, effective communication skills, and strong teamwork and networking skills, having professional flexibility to adhere to the uniqueness of their environment.
- Bachelor's degree in a business-related major (i.e., Accountancy, Finance, Business Administration, Economics, Management, Engineering, or other relevant education)
- Relevant certification (i.e., RA, ACCA, ACA, CIA, CPA, CFE, or other relevant certification) is an advantage
- Ability to build a professional Internal Audit function (tailored to the needs of the organization) from the ground up, mobilising senior colleagues from Compliance, Controlling, Procurement, Treasury, Legal and Consolidation
- Command over core business processes (i.e., Accounting, Financial Reporting, Procurement, Accounts Payable, Inventory, Sales, Accounts Receivable / Credit Management, Fixed Assets, and Payroll, etc.) Candidate must be able to drive value-added recommendations
- Excellent critical, analytical and independent thinking. Strong creative and entrepreneurial spirit to drive valuable insights. Self-starter
- Ability to think objectively and demonstrate sound judgement
- Demonstrates agility and reacts quickly to re-focus when needed and to address high risks and top priorities
- Team-focused attitude demonstrating the ability to collaborate and compromise while building constructive and effective relationships
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Able to negotiate, as needed to agree upon conclusions
- Demonstrated consistency in values, principles and work ethic
- Fluent in English
Published at: 22 december 2020
If you are interested in this vacancy, we kindly request you to send your application through “Apply”. Please add the following reference number to your application: 11848. If you would like to receive additional information or have any questions, please contact the consultant mentioned below.