Group Controller Next step for Senior Big4 candidate
Our client is an international producer of consumer products, with international production locations and global sales offices.
Their headquarters are located in Noord-Brabant, the Netherlands.
- Manage and coach the team consisting of the Specialist Accounting & Reporting and Specialist Reporting & Compliance and oversee daily operations of the team;
- Drive, coordinate and complete the Company’s annual report and audit and co-coordinate local statutory audits;
- Provide recommendations to stakeholders involved and ensure improvement of systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions;
- Act as the accounting expert and business partner to support complex accounting topics and ensure compliance and accuracy of the IFRS accounting & reporting standards;
- Review, analyze, and recommend process improvements for the Financial Control Framework. Provide periodic reporting of the FCF and advise or assist in mitigate control deficiencies and developing internal controls;
- Be the true business partner and sparring partner for the business unit finance teams, shared service center and (finance) management through value adding analysis and support on finance related issues;
- Participate in and/or manage ad-hoc finance projects across the organization;
- Manage further improvements to the ERP system and related financial processes;
- Work closely, but independently, with the Director Group Control and other teams on the further professionalizing and innovating of the finance function.
We are looking for an energetic and innovative finance Manager with extensive IFRS experience in a (international) corporate environment who likes to drive changes, working in their corporate offices. You believe in your own ability to achieve results and feel responsibility to make a significant contribution in the further improvement and optimisation of the finance function within a large international organisation in a proactive and forward-thinking way.
- 10 years financial business-related experience and a big-4 audit firm;
- Master or Post Master degree in accounting, RA(CPA) or equivalent;
- Excellent knowledge of IFRS, internal control frameworks and risk management;
- You are well experienced with statutory reporting and management accounting standards, good working knowledge of SAP is a pre;
- Excellent written and verbal communication, documentation and organizational skills;
- Thorough understanding of, and experience with, compliance program development and maintenance in a multinational environment;
- Strong, independent self –starter, as well as collaborative problem solver;
- You can drive changes are resilient and can easily oversee the total overview of complex topics;
- Reliable and accurate – you work structured and precise;
- Ability to multi-task across a range of projects with constantly shifting priorities;
- Your leadership skills are sufficient to organize effective communication within the team and amongst the internal organization and stakeholders;
- Result driven and output focused – you are results-oriented and independent, your focus is on "getting things done" and you are able to plan your own work and set effective priorities;
- You are occasionally expected to travel within the Netherlands and Germany;
- Your Dutch and English are fluent both orally and in writing, while German is a big plus.
Published at: 20 april 2021
If you are interested in this vacancy, we kindly request you to send your application through “Apply”. Please add the following reference number to your application: 11859. If you would like to receive additional information or have any questions, please contact the consultant mentioned below.