Director Internal Audit International audit position in production environment
Our client is an international producer of consumer products, with international production locations and global sales offices.
Their headquarters are located in Noord-Brabant, the Netherlands.
- Prepare a risk based annual audit plan, monitor progress and report on audits and status of the plan to the auditees, the Board and to the audit committee
- Monitor and act on the follow up of the internal audit findings
- Be aware of the social role you fulfil and know to make the connection between accountable and taking responsibility. The audit function also endorses best practice solutions
- Proactively advise all levels of management as a sparring partner on strengthening internal controls in the business, with a focus on standard setting, harmonization of processes and adequately process efficiency
- Acts as a sparring partner for the Management Board and builds a good working relationship with your peers and auditees within the organisation
- Work independently and/or in team setting
- Periodically update leadership on risk, internal control, business effectiveness and efficiency matters along with opportunities for improvement
- Appraise the leadership on the appropriateness of Corporate Governance practices within the company and provide assurance or advice to the leadership on the effectiveness of internal control activities within the company
- Provide an independent view of the quality of management systems and the internal control frameworks designed to safeguard the interests of all stakeholders
- Since the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) themes following the company strategy are in focus of the internal audit department, some audit will have the complete supply chain from the beginning of the process until the consumer in scope. Audits of the effectiveness of controlling third party risk will grow in importance
- Report on policies and procedures laid down by management as well as the process of evaluating such policies and procedures and ensure that these are reviewed aligned with best practice
- Develop audit plans using an appropriate risk-based methodology, and implement the annual plan or any special tasks as approved and appropriate
- Develop and maintain professional audit staffs and manage the assignments and quality of the internal audit team
- Establish a process to ensure quality of operations within IA activities including monitoring of management responses and timely implementation
- Keep the leadership informed of emerging trends and successful practices in internal audit.
- Assist in the investigation of significant suspected fraudulent activities within the company
We are seeking a Director Internal Audit with solid experience in internal auditing. We expect the right candidate to have critical and analytical thinking, problem-solving skills, strong relationship-building, effective communication skills, and strong teamwork and networking skills, having professional flexibility to adhere to the uniqueness of their environment.
We are looking for a responsible and ambitious audit professional with extensive experience in an (international) environment, working from their corporate offices in Noord-Brabant, the Netherlands. You will see it as your responsibility to make a significant contribution in the further improvement and optimisation of the audit function within a large organisation operating in multiple countries in a proactive and forward-thinking way.
- A minimum of ten years of (relevant) experience in internal audit and/or internal control. Preferably a background in internal or external audit (with matching qualifications, such as RA, RE and or CIA)
- Excellent knowledge of internal controls
- Background/Experiences with FMCG/Agri/Food/Retail/Supply Chain business is a major plus
- Background or affinity with IT audit and or data analytics is a major plus
- Business proficiency in Dutch and English required. Knowledge of the German language is a big plus
- Travel circa 20-30%. The audit engagement are typically planned for maximum of one week on site and are scheduled well in advance
- No 9-to-5 mentality
- Analytical and conceptual – you are a good observer and you are able to present complex findings into concrete recommendations
- Reliable and accurate – you work structured and precise
- Result driven and output focused – you are results-oriented and independent, your focus is on "getting things done" and you are able to plan your own work and set effective priorities
- Innovative – you identify opportunities and act accordingly
- Critical, but also pleasant – You have a critical, but constructive, attitude towards the your stake holders
- Team player – you are able to build high performance teams of professionals and have the ability to connect with all different stakeholders in the business and finance to work as a team player
- Excellent communicator - connect and communicate effectively through the organization.
- Organizational sensitive with focus on collaboration
- Project Management – able to manage
Geplaatst op: 19 februari 2021
Indien u in deze vacature geïnteresseerd bent nodigen wij u uit direct te solliciteren via de knop “Solliciteer” o.v.v. het referentienummer ( 11858 ). Voor meer informatie verzoeken wij u contact op te nemen met de onderstaande consultant.