Deze financiële vacature is onlangs door Bridgewell ingevuld.
Bekijk hier een overzicht van onze actuele financiële vacatures.
|Organisatie||Koninklijke Wegener / Mecom plc|
|Salaris / Tarief||Euro 60.000 - 70.000|
For our client, Koninklijke Wegener Groep N.V. / Mecom Group plc, we are in search of an energetic Business Auditor.
About Koninklijke Wegener N.V.
In november 1903 Wegener was established in Apeldoorn. More than 100 years afterwards Koninklijke Wegener NV is a stock quoted (Euronext) organization in newspapers and multimedia. Wegener is the largest publisher of regionale papers in the Netherlands. On a weekly basis the organization produces 225 newspapers with a combined edition of 8.6 million copies. Next to that Wegener exploits internet products and produces graphical products and services. Mecom Group plc is the major shareholder since October 2007.
About Mecom Group plc
Mecom Group plc ("Mecom") is a European content and consumer business. The Group owns over 300 printed titles and over 200 websites in its four divisions, with substantial operations in the Netherlands, Denmark, Norway and Poland, generating readership of 23 million per week and attracting 32 million unique website users per month.
On the 21 April 2008, Mecom’s entire issued ordinary share capital were admitted to listing on the Official List of the Financial Services Authority and to trading on the London Stock Exchange’s main market for Listed Securities.
Mecom’s strategy is to:
- expand circulation, audiences and subscriptions across multiple content channels, embracing digital media and migrating processes and models from across the Group;
- exploit competitive advantages of local brands, local content and local relationships combined with national strength;
- provide targeted and relevant branding, advertising and e-commerce opportunities for advertisers and consumers and build transactional revenue streams;
- leverage market-leading positions and financial strength to enhance and consolidate scope and scale in each of our countries of operation; and
- improve cash generation to fund investment, particularly in digital operations, and to provide dividend growth for shareholders.
This strategy is transforming Mecom from a traditional print-only business into a modern multi-media group, leveraging our content across a range of digital channels to become a leading online player in each of its markets, in parallel with its existing market leading print positions.
- To operate effectively as an integral member of the Group Audit team within Mecom.
- To programme and perform professional audit work within the Dutch and Polish divisions.
- To support the business to modernise by helping management to identify and minimise the risks to the successful achievement of the Mecom Group strategy.
- To support divisional management in maintaining an effective system of internal control in line with Group and local business policy or generally accepted good practice, and to give practical advice to this effect.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Work proactively alongside management on major projects and deliver risk and controls assurance in real-time so that management is able to make timely adjustments. Ensure that projects are driven by a sound business case and that the benefits described in the business case are monitored and achieved.
- Help embed a culture of risk management by working proactively with divisional management in the identification, assessment and management of risk. Help them drive improvement through the sharing of good practice.
- Develop interpretations of policies and procedures that are workable for the local business and provide sounding to management, as needed, to help define what is appropriate for the division. Provide counsel and guidance to local management in determining the appropriate approach to resolving any internal control issues.
- Develop an annual risk based audit plan for the division and:
- Manage internal audit resource (included those provided through an external services provider).
- Apply professional auditing principles and standards to test and evaluate systems and controls within the division.
- Report regularly on progress to divisional management and Head of Group Audit.
- Ensure that the overall audit plan for the division is cost effective and that internal audit works effectively with the external auditors to ensure optimal audit coverage.
- Execute the audit plan, within an agreed budget, and at the same time demonstrate the flexibility to handle ad-hoc internal audit tasks and re-prioritise work in response to changes within the business.
- Good command of the Dutch and English language in reading and writing
- Education: graduate or equivalent
- Some experience in (not necessarily all of) the following areas: auditing (internal and/or external), change management, project management and governance, on-line digital and other technology developments, operational auditing, systems audit, internal controls, common business processes, e.g. procurement
- Show confidence and stature to get point across whilst maintaining a diplomatic manner with the management that he/she is hoping to influence.
- Ability to influence positive change without provoking conflict.
- Maturity to apply common sense – inflexible application of the rule book will not work.
- Strong intellect and analytical skills with the ability to gather, analyse and evaluate facts and prepare and present concise oral and written reports.
- Confidence to self-start, full of ideas and energy. He/she will be able to take the initiative, have the ability to make things happen, gain traction quickly and will be motivated by successful delivery and achievement of business benefits.
- Self-starter, resilient and robust with the ability to work alone and not need to be directly supervised on a day-to-day basis.
- Exposure to significant change programmes and initiatives and able to work within a project environment is a key aspect of this role.
- Ability to work quickly and effectively and keep an eye on the bigger picture and not get lost in detail.
- Able to demonstrate added value in a considered and diplomatic manner.
- A person who takes responsibility, and who is nice to be around.
Key success factors
- Ability to adapt to, and be able to work within a rapidly changing and dynamic business environment.
- Be able to create an effective network within the organisation.
- Confidence to accept pragmatic approaches to problem resolution (not work from the text book).
- Work within the Mecom Group and local culture whilst being able to maintain independence of thought and judgement.
Deze vacature is zeer recent ingevuld. Reageren is niet meer mogelijk.