This finance vacancy is already filled by Bridgewell.
Click here here for our actual finance vacancies.
Talented Senior Operational Auditor
|Salary / Rate||Euro 45.000 - 70.000|
An international retailing group based in the Netherlands.
Internal Audit aspires to contribute meaningfully to the ongoing change in the company. It aims to diligently collect information that has contributed to the current ‘status quo’ (hindsight) of management’s control framework. This information is thoroughly analyzed to gain new insights in the way risk is managed. These insights in risks are then used to assess their potential impact on management’s ability to achieve its goals (‘foresight’). By following this logic of hindsight-insight-foresight, Internal Audit supports overall business process improvement.
The Business Auditor will
- Identify the business objectives and related risks per audit
- Evaluate the related management controls to achieve the objectives
- Formulate the identified gaps and create smart recommendations
- Report and communicate audit findings to management
- Evaluate management action plan and perform follow up
- Create proper audit files according to professional standards
- Establish and maintain a good long term relation with management.
Internal Audit is strongly strategic oriented and forward-looking (‘foresight’). You will first make an analysis at strategic level. Then you will do research whether operational processes support the strategic objectives. Internal Audit assesses the risk management activities of various business processes (marketing, commerce, logistics, supply chain, IT). Therefore, every audit is a different audit.
An assignment in internal auditing is generally considered a development assignment; personal development on leadership, functional and professional competencies has a high priority. Competency development is supported by a competency framework, career ladders and succession planning. Periodic (performance) feedback is a standard process within Internal Audit.
The auditor will build further competencies from:
- Exposure to all dimensions of the global business, from day-to-day operational activities to strategic level
- Exposure to all levels of management, including board-level
- Competence development in areas of Governance, Risk Management and Internal Control, through experience, internal training and when desired and applicable acquiring external professional certification
- Leadership skills, including presentation, report writing, dealing with diversity and conflict management
- Project management skills and team-working, and
- The opportunity to progress within the company to challenging management positions in a wide variety of areas
- University education (e.g. Business Economics, Sourcing and Supply Chain Management, Commerce, or Systems Engineering, Policy Analysis & Management)
- Possibly complemented by a relevant Post-Masters degree (RA/RO)
- Belonging to the top 10% talent amongst peer group
- 3 to 5 years relevant working experience in retail, i.e. marketing, commerce, sourcing, logistics, store operations, possibly complemented with risk management experience
- Strong analytical skills, broad interests and intrinsic curiosity
- Strong communication skills, good at establishing and maintaining relationships
- Straight back, strong personality, able to handle push back
- Independent, decisive, self-supporting team player
- Ambitious and drive
- Quality driven, able to think outside the box, bringing new perspectives
- Experience in and passion for retail
- Strong command of Dutch and English; excellent writing skills
Deel deze vacature met jouw netwerk
This vacancy is already filled by Bridgewell. It is not possible to respond anymore.