Senior Financial Controller Within a technology scale up company
Our client is a young, vibrant and fast-growing Amsterdam based technology scale up with offices in London and Amsterdam. Their mission is to go big and grow internationally and for that they need more smart and talented people to join us their roller coaster ride!
- Own the day-to-day financial control, accounting and reporting of our multi-country company;
- Lead the tax and regulatory reporting requirements of our Dutch and foreign legal entities;
- You look after quality control & integrity over all recorded financial transactions and ensure they correctly find their way to the financial reporting, and ensure account balances are supported with appropriate documentation;
- Carry out accurate and timely reconciliation of the company accounts and balance sheet accounts at the end of each month to meet our external timelines (bank and investors);
- Identify and implement controls, processes and systems improvements to build an efficient accounting function and you execute projects that strengthen our internal controls;
- Lead the annual audit process ensuring a timely and effective audit;
- Assist in the setup of more complex structures that can be tax- or administrative of nature such as foreign pension schemes, insurances, setting up a foreign legal entity, etc. For these affairs we work with external advisors;
- Ensure that credit control processes operate in line with agreed parameters and a weekly working capital report can be created.
- Master’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or related discipline;
- At least 5 till 7 years of experience as auditor or financial controller, preferably with a large audit/advisory firm or in corporate finance function(s) in -ideally- a technology-enabled business environment;
- Strong accounting experience and understanding of Dutch GAAP;
- Experience and understanding of Dutch taxes and willingness to accumulate knowledge in foreign tax regimes;
- Natural attention on details, structured and on top of your game;
- You take ownership and responsibility;
- Strong verbal and written communication in both Dutch and English;
- Creating perfection is something you enjoy;
- Getting things done and hands-on mentality;
- Straightforward, direct, but respectful with a big smile.
Published at: 03 november 2020
If you are interested in this vacancy, we kindly request you to send your application through “Apply”. Please add the following reference number to your application: 11842. If you would like to receive additional information or have any questions, please contact the consultant mentioned below.