This finance vacancy is already filled by Bridgewell.
Click here here for our actual finance vacancies.
|Organisation||Liberty Global Europe|
|Salary / Rate||Euro 50.000 - 65.000 + Bonus + Car|
Liberty Global operates state-of-the-art broadband communications networks in 17 countries.
• To plan, monitor and coordinate compliance work, in particular compliance with the Sarbanes Oxley Act 2002, across LGE and its subsidiary and component entities
• To assist LGE and its entities maintain and achieve SOX compliance for and during 2007 and subsequent years
• To provide guidance on Compliance related issues in line with relevant legislation and internally developed policies and processes to local SOX teams and LGE management
• To report to Compliance, LGE, LGI and entity level senior management on Compliance related issues and progress
• To review and quality assure all necessary documentation (e.g. risk and control matrices covering business processes, IT and entity level controls, control test plans, position papers, SAS 70 reports, deficiency/issue logs etc.) covering aspects relevant to the compliance process
• To build and maintain strong working relationships between the central Compliance department and local compliance teams, internal audit and senior management as well third parties such as external auditors and advisors
• To provide compliance related advice and guidance to other Departments and entities, and where applicable manage controls implementation across a range of financial reporting projects such as , Open Pages SoX tool, Oracle 11i and Hyperion Financial Manager implementations, local accounting system upgrades, business process re-engineering projects etc.
• Keeping up-to-speed on SEC/PCAOB and other regulatory announcements and industry content relevant to their area of expertise
• Thorough knowledge of financial systems (internal controls, processes and procedures)
• Proven understanding of financial reporting aspects of US-GAAP
• Sarbanes Oxley legislation
• SEC & PCAOB guidance related to US-GAAP, auditing and Sarbanes Oxley legislation
• Internal control/business risk frameworks (e.g. COSO, CobIT)
• Project management/project office methodologies
• Knowledge of audit techniques and test approaches
• Knowledge of IT risks and controls is highly desireable but not essential
• Project management skills – can undertake the management of discrete tasks/activities, recognising and planning for areas of particular difficulty and uncertainty. Ensures that work undertaken by others (either external to the team or business) constitutes the planned end product, meeting the requirements of the business
• Attention to detail - ensures that information is correctly processed and that work complies with relevant internal/external guidance, procedures and regulatory requirements; checks work and corrects mistakes promptly
• Ability to work independently, analyse problems and make decisions with minimal management involvement
• Ability to maintain good working relationships with staff and colleagues
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels of the Group
• Strong presentation/reporting skills
• Strong technical accounting skills
• Qualified accountant who has worked in public practice (audit and financial reporting)
• Minimum of 2 years post qualification experience
• Proven experience in/managing financial reporting under US GAAP
• Internal control/business risk framework implementation experience
• Project support/project management experience
• Experience of dealing with senior management in organisations particularly Finance and HR
• IT audit experience (application controls, general IT processes rather than technical specialisms) would be very advantageous
This vacancy is already filled by Bridgewell. It is not possible to respond anymore.