Our client is a large production and manufacturing company and is leading in their specific field of expertise. Through sales offices and an extensive international dealer network their products are available around the world .
The company employs around 800 people globally and realizes circa Euro 100 million turnover. The R&D laboratory in the Netherlands has the latest technology and can offer the widest possible range of research.
The culture can best be described as a “short sleeve style” mentality from everyone. All the department managers are involved in the activities being performed by their teams every day. The management team has daily contact with the production floor and attaches great value to making use of individual competences.
The Chief Financial Officer is responsible for monitoring the monthly business activity and reviewing the results, optimizing the insight in productivity, capacity (uptime), cost structures, control of the underlying costs, optimizing the insights and reports in turnover and margin developments, developing financial strategy, setting up automated, real-time performance KPIs, target setting, monitoring and adjustment to achieve the set goals, managing tax compliance and assure being SOX compliant.
- Leading the business planning cycle with bi-weekly outlooks, monthly reviews, quarterly forecast and a yearly budget;
- preparation of in-depth financial models, consolidation and reporting packs following the standards of the shareholder as well as internal reporting;
- Annual accounts - managing the end of year annual statutory accounts process including consolidation of circa 70 entities and completion of the audit. Liaise effectively with external auditors and HQ in the USA.
- Proactive engagement with the various commercial regions and plants throughout the year to provide detailed analysis of performance versus budget plans and prepare realistic forecasts;
- The ideal candidate is a qualified Master with significant and broad post-qualification working experience;
- Experience in leading and managing a quality financial organization in terms of process integrity, efficiency improvement, personnel motivation and process optimization;
- Able to present strategy, recommendations and results of complex analyses to cross-functional stakeholders and to interface with cross-functional teams at all levels;
- Prior experience of working in a demanding international or global environment highly recommended;
- Strong Business Control and financial modelling experience;
- Comprehensive understanding of ERP systems, preferably prior implementation experience;
- Strong experience with legal commercial contracts and contract management;
- Experienced in working with and/or setting up Activity Based Costing is preferable;
- Experienced in working in a production/project company with Work in Progress is preferable;
- Strong hands-on experience and entrepreneurial drive;
- A natural team player and with excellent communication and leadership skills;
- Prior M&A experience, buy-side and/or post-merger integration, is a plus.
If you are interested in this vacancy, we kindly request you to send your application through “Apply”. Please add the following reference number to your application: 11963. If you would like to receive additional information or have any questions, please contact the consultant mentioned below.